Alphabetical List of Subscription Databases
Academic Search Premier (EBSCOhost)
- A scholarly, multi-disciplinary, database; with full text coverage of 4600
journals in a range of subjects. This database is a good starting place for
almost any topic search.
Access Medicine (Harrison’s Online)
- Authoritative online medical reference, especially useful for students in
Allied Health Sciences. Limited to two concurrent users. Includes Harrison’s
Principles of Internal Medicine.
African American Music Reference (Alexander Street Press)
- Contains reference materials that cover blues, jazz, spirituals, civil
rights songs, slave songs, minstrelsy, rhythm and blues, gospel, and other
forms of black American musical expression. Part of the Music Online
- An agriculture database that provides coverage from 1970 to present of
literature citations for journal articles, monographs, proceedings, theses,
patents, translations, audiovisual materials, software, etc. related to
agriculture. This will be of particular interest for students researching
Alexander Street Video (Alexander Street Press)
- Streaming videos, including a collection of 20th century dance performances & documentaries on dance and dance training.
Alt HealthWatch (EBSCOhost)
- A database providing indexing, abstracts and full text (selected) of
articles in periodicals, journals, and other publications focused on
alternative approaches to health and wellness from more than 180 international
and often peer-reviewed journals, reports and proceedings.
America: History & Life (EBSCOhost)
- A database of literature covering the history and culture of the United
States and Canada from prehistory to the present. With selective indexing for
1,700 journals from 1964 to present and full-text coverage of nearly 200
journals and more than 100 books.
American Mathematical Society Journals (AMS)
- A searchable database that provides full text access to articles published
in the journals of the American Mathematical Society, as well as full text
access to articles that have been accepted for publication in the AMS journals.
American Song (Alexander Street Press)
- This is a history database that allows people to hear music from America’s
past. The database includes songs by and about American Indians, miners,
immigrants, slaves, children, pioneers, and cowboys. Included in the database
are the songs of Civil Rights, political campaigns, Prohibition, the
Revolutionary War, the Civil War, anti-war protests, and more. Part of the
Music Online collection.
- An interactive visual database that allows the user to explore human anatomy
as overall structure and in depth. Each section includes MRI views and provides
content and quiz structure for individual study. There are anatomy sections for
specific needs including dentistry and exercise.
- A collection of critical reviews written by leading scientists. Annual
Reviews volumes are published each year for 40 focused disciplines within the
Biomedical, Life, Physical, and Social Sciences including Economics.
- This collection provides archives of Utah newspapers.
Art Full Text (H.W. Wilson)
- Full text coverage from the Wilson database of periodicals and journals of
articles on art, architecture and archaeology throughout the world.
Arts & Humanities Citation Index (Web of Science)
- Citation index that provides consolidated searching of a social science
citation index, art and humanities citation index and multi disciplinary
databases—may be searched by author, title, subject, and topic. These are
citations of usage, not full text and will be useful primarily to upper division
students and faculty doing research.
- Curated collections of art images and associated data for scholarly use.
Includes links to art images in museum collections and reference materials.
Association of Computing Machinery (ACM) Digital Library
- An authoritative database in the area of computer science that provides
indexing, abstracts, and full text of magazines, journals and proceedings of the
Association of Computing Machinery.
Auto Repair Reference Center (EBSCOhost)
- A database by the publisher of Chilton Guides that provides complete
automotive repair information for 28,000 domestic and imported models of cars.
This covers repair of current and older models of cars.
Biography Reference Center (EBSCOhost)
- A comprehensive collection of biographies on notable personalities.
Biomedical Reference Collection: Basic (EBSCOhost)
- Full-text reference database including over 100 medical titles covering
disciplines that include clinical medicine, nursing, dentistry, and health
- Full text database that is an aggregation of high impact geoscience research
journals. The focus centers on the biological, environmental, and ecological
Business Source Premier (EBSCOhost)
- A top level full-text business database consisting of popular business
magazines, scholarly journals and trade publications.
Cambridge Collections Online
- Online access to the Cambridge Companions series of authoritative guides
written by leading experts in literature, philosophy, religion, classics, and
CCH Internet Tax Research Network
- A federal and state tax information service.
Children’s Literature Comprehensive Database (CLCD)
- Index of reviews (some full text) for children’s literature with some
curriculum connections for specific books. Supports the Education Program and
classes in children’s literature taught in the English program.
The Chronicle of Higher Education
- A newspaper targeted to college and university faculty, staff members and
- A cumulative index to nursing and allied health literature database with
more than 200,000 citations, and abstracts of articles. This resource provides
indexing, not full text.
CINAHL with Full-Text (EBSCOhost)
- This database provides indexing for 2,928 journals and full text access to
608 key journals in the nursing field. Limited to 4 concurrent users.
Classical Music Library (Alexander Street Press)
- Streaming music database. Repertoire ranges from vocal and choral music, to
chamber, orchestral, solo instrumental, and opera. Part of the Music Online
Classical Music Reference Library (Alexander Street Press)
- Contains reference materials that span the entire history of Western
classical music. Included are the authoritative reference titles Baker’s
Dictionary of Music, Baker’s Biographical Dictionary of Musicians, and
Baker’s Student Encyclopedia of Music. Part of the Music Online
Classical Scores Library (Alexander Street Press)
- Provides a number of important classical scores and manuscripts. Part of
the Music Online collection.
- Abstracts of articles in primary professional literature in communications;
this is an excellent finding tool, with limited full text.
Communication & Mass Media Complete (EBSCOhost)
- This database indexing, abstracts, and some full-text coverage of numerous
journals in communication, mass media, and other closely-related fields.
Computer Source (EBSCOhost)
- Provides latest information and trends in high technology. Full-text
articles for more than 300 publications and indexing and abstracts for 450
Contemporary World Music (Alexander Street Press)
- Streaming music database that delivers sounds from around the world.
Contains a mix of modern and traditional world music with a focus on
contemporary genres. Part of the Music Online collection.
- Explores a single hot issue in the news each week, covering 44 topics,
including expanded reports. Especially useful for pro/con presentation of issues
currently being discussed. This is an excellent place to search for term paper
Criminal Justice Abstracts with Full Text (EBSCOhost)
- Provides more than 300,000 bibliographic records and full text for more than
200 magazines and journals covering essential areas related to criminal justice
Deseret News Archives
- Link to archives of the Desert News. Articles go back to 1988.
Dissertations & Theses at Brigham Young University
- Link to BYU’s electronic theses and dissertation collection.
Dissertations & Theses at the University of Utah
- Proquest database of theses from the University of Utah. Some dissertations
available in full text, some only in abstract format.
- A large e-book collection spanning all academic subject areas.
- EBSCOhost Electronic Journals Service (EJS) is a gateway to thousands of
- A list of databases on the EBSCOhost platform and information about them.
Allows the user to search individual or groups of EBSCOhost databases with a
- Interface for EBSCOhost databases that allows the databases to be searched
EBSCOhost eBook Collection
- Provides online access to more than 3,500 books to browse or to read.
- Interface for EBSCOhost databases that allows the databases to be searched
- Interface for EBSCO host databases that allows the databases to be searched
Education Full Text (H.W. Wilson)
- Full-text coverage, with indexing and abstracts from periodicals and
journals covered in the HW Wilson Education Index.
- ERIC, the Education Resource Information Center, contains more than
1,300,000 records and links to more than 323,000 full-text documents relating to
education dating back to 1966.
Ethnic NewsWatch (ProQuest)
- A full-text collection of the newspapers, magazines and journals of the
ethnic, minority and native press.
- Provides access to databases, directories, and training resources related
to fundraising and philanthropy. Includes the Foundation Directory Online
and Foundation Grants to Individuals Online. This database must be used
Fuente Académica (EBSCOhost)
- Provides access to more than 450 scholarly journals from Latin America,
Portugal and Spain. All major subject areas are covered with particular emphasis
on agriculture, biological sciences, economics, history, law, literature,
philosophy, psychology, public administration, religion and sociology.
Funk & Wagnalls New World Encyclopedia (EBSCOhost)
- This database provides over 25,000 encyclopedic entries covering a variety
of subject areas.
Gale Directory Library
- Provides access to the Market Share Reporter, a source of comparative
Gale Opposing Viewpoints in Context
- Opposing Viewpoints in Context helps students research, analyze and
organize a broad variety of data on today’s hottest social issues for conducting
research, completing writing assignments, preparing for debates, creating
presentations and more.
Gale Virtual Reference Library
- An online reference utility that hosts selected encyclopedias and other
Garland Encyclopedia of World Music (Alexander Street Press)
- Provides a survey of the musical heritage, traditions and themes of various
regions and a description of their specific musical genres, practices, and
performances. Part of the Music Online collection.
- Indexing, abstracts and full-text collection of journals, magazines,
newsletters, regional publications, conference reports on gender studies
sources with coverage from the 1970’s to the present.
- A database focused on environmental issues; some full text, some indexing
Health Source: Consumer Edition (EBSCOhost)
- A collection of consumer health information, providing information on many
health topics including the medical sciences, food sciences and nutrition,
childcare, sports medicine and general health. Health Source: Consumer Edition
provides access to nearly 80 full text, consumer health magazines.
Health Source: Nursing/Academic Edition (EBSCOhost)
- This database provides nearly 550 scholarly full text journals focusing on
many medical disciplines. It also features the Lexi-PAL Drug Guide, which
covers 1,300 generic drug patient education sheets with more than 4,700 brand
Historical Abstracts with Full Text (EBSCOhost)
- This resource provides selective indexing of historical articles from
thousands of journals. Coverage includes the history of the world (excluding the
United States and Canada) from 1450 to the present, including world history,
military history, women’s history, history of education and more.
History Reference Center (EBSCOhost)
- Provides full text for reference books, encyclopedias, non-fiction books,
and periodicals from leading history publishers.
Hobbies & Crafts Reference Center (EBSCOhost)
- This database offers detailed “how-to” instructions and creative ideas to
meet the interests of virtually every hobby enthusiast. Full text is provided
from leading hobby and craft magazines, including Bead & Button, Creative
Knitting, FineScale Modeler, Quilter’s World and many more.
Home Improvement Reference Center (EBSCOhost)
- This database provides detailed, user-friendly “how-to” information covering
all manner of home improvement/repair projects.
Jazz Music Library (Alexander Street Press)
- Streaming music database with thousands of jazz artists, ensembles, albums,
and genres. Part of the Music Online collection.
- A scholarly journal archive that provides image and full text access to
archival (more than 5 years old) scholarly journals in a wide variety of
JSTOR Plant Science
- Provides access to foundational content vital to plant science—plant
type specimens, taxonomic structures, scientific literature, and related
Kids Search (Grades K-6) (EBSCOhost)
- A database of materials (dictionary, encyclopedia and articles) with full
text and images for elementary level students. This database is very helpful to
students in the education program.
Legal Collection (EBSCOhost)
- Contains indexing, abstracts, and full text coverage for more than 260 of
the world’s scholarly law journals.
Legal Information Reference Center (EBSCOhost)
- Provides online full text for many of the top consumer legal reference
books, hundreds of full-text publications and thousands of legal forms.
- Indexing and full text documents for over 5600 news, business, legal,
medical and reference publications with a variety of flexible search options.
This is an excellent database for information on current issues or business.
Library, Information Science & Technology Abstracts (LISTA) (EBSCOhost)
- Indexing and abstracts for scholarly and professional journals in the areas
of library and information technology.
- This database provides a collection of Western classical sheet music.
Literary Reference Center (EBSCOhost)
- Provides a broad spectrum of information on thousands of authors and their
works across literary disciplines and timeframes. Features a collection of
author biographies, plot summaries and work overviews, full-text essays from
leading publishers, literary reference books and monographs, cover-to-cover full
text for literary magazines and journals, book reviews, poems, short stories,
classic texts, author interviews, and more.
Literature Criticism Online (Gale)
- Database providing full-text access to literary criticism from a wide range
of sources. User can search by author, work, or topic. This is a standard
resource for students of literature. Includes criticism for drama, poetry and
short story criticism.
Literature Resource Center (Gale)
- Provides full text access to biographies, bibliographies, and critical
analysis of authors. Covers more than 90,000 novelists, poets, poets, essayists,
etc. Limited to 2 concurrent users.
MarketLine Company Profiles Authority (EBSCOhost)
- Profiles for 10,000 companies. Information includes business description,
company history, products and services, key employee/biographies, revenue and
SWOT analysis and top competitors.
MAS Complete (EBSCOhost)
- Designed specifically for high school libraries, this database contains full
text for hundreds of popular high school magazines and reference books, tens of
thousands of biographies, and thousands of primary source documents. This is
useful to education students seeking resources for students at different levels
and to students who are writing papers on current issues.
MasterFILE Complete (EBSCOhost)
- Multidisciplinary database designed for public libraries that covers
virtually every subject area of general interest. Provides a large collection
of popular full-text magazines, journals, and other sources from the world’s
leading publishers as well as a large image collection of photos, maps and
- Offers access to a carefully maintained and easily searchable database of
reviews, abstracts and bibliographic information for much of the mathematical
sciences literature. Provides indexing and abstracts—a finding aid for
scholarship in this discipline.
- A collection of medical research and investigatory journals from renowned
Latin American and Spanish publishers. This Spanish language database contains
full text for 130 peer-reviewed medical journals in native Spanish.
- Indexing and abstracting for medical information on medicine, nursing,
dentistry, veterinary medicine, the health care system, pre-clinical sciences,
and much more. This is a standard reference to locate articles for the fields
of medicine and allied health. It does not contain full text.
MEDLINE (Web of Science)
- This database is very similar to the EBSCOhost versions of MEDLINE, but does
include limited full text.
- A web-based application that features a collection of worldwide business information including access to international business data, industry news, facts and figures, executive contact information, the ability to access industry profiles, and more.
Middle Search Plus (EBSCOhost)
- Provides full text for more than 140 popular middle school magazines. All
full text articles included in the database are assigned a reading level
indicator (Lexiles). Full text is also available for thousands of biographies
and historical essays. Middle Search Plus also contains 84,774 biographies,
105,786 primary source documents, and a School Image Collection of photos, maps
Military & Government Collection (EBSCOhost)
- Designed to offer current news pertaining to all branches of the military
and government, this database offers a thorough collection of periodicals,
academic journals, and other content pertinent to the increasing needs of those
sites. The Military & Government Collection provides full text for
nearly 300 journals and periodicals and indexing and abstracts for more than 400
MLA International Bibliography (EBSCOhost)
- This database offers a detailed bibliography of journal articles, books and
dissertations produced by the Modern Language Association. Topics include
language, literature, linguistics, and folklore. Some material is in full text,
many others are bibliographic citations or abstracts.
Music Online (Alexander Street Press)
- Database with streaming audio, video, reference, and scores. Includes the
collections African American Music Reference, American Song, Classical Music
Library, Classical Music Reference Library, Classical Scores Library,
Contemporary World Music, Garland Encyclopedia of World Music, Jazz Music
Library, Smithsonian Global Sound, Dance in Video, and Opera in Video.
Musicians and Composers of the 20th Century (Salem History)
- Biographical information on composers from all genres.
National Criminal Justice Reference Service Abstracts (NCJRS)
- The NCJRS Abstracts Database contains summaries of the more than 200,000
criminal justice, juvenile justice, and substance abuse resources housed in the
NCJRS Library collection.
NAXOS Music Library
- Audio streams of more than 27,000 CDs and over 350,000 tracks of music.
Provides comprehensive liner notes, opera synopsis, and composer and artist
biographies. Limited to 10 concurrent users.
NAXOS Music Library - Jazz
- Audio streams of albums of all forms of jazz by performers throughout the
world. Provides access to liner notes synopsis, composer and performer
biographies. Limited to 10 concurrent users.
Newspaper Source Plus (EBSCOhost)
- With more than 55 million full-text articles from more than 1,400
newspapers, this database provides a comprehensive collection of the world’s
major newspaper content.
- Provides indexes and backfiles for hundreds of clinical journals that cover
a wide variety of health topics. Also contains current articles from the
American Journal of Nursing (AJN), the Journal of Nursing
Administration (JONA), and the Journal for Nurses in Staff Development.
Oxford Art Online
- This database includes the Grove Dictionary of Art, Oxford Companion to
Western Art, links to Images from ARTSTOR, and other sources.
Oxford English Dictionary Online (OED)
- Historical dictionary of English, covering use of words from earliest times
to present day.
Oxford Handbooks Online
- Provides in-depth, high-level articles written by the world’s leading
Oxford Music Online
- Provides access to online music reference resources including the
Encyclopedia of Popular Music, The Oxford Dictionary of Music, Grove Music
Online, and The Oxford Companion to Music.
Oxford Reference Online - Premium
- Language and subject reference works from Oxford Press into single cross
Poetry & Short Story Reference Center (EBSCOhost)
- A collection of full-text poetry, short stories, and supplemental content,
offering users a historically rich collection of hundreds of thousands of poems,
as well as biographies and authoritative essays on such topics as poetic forms,
movements and techniques.
Points of View Reference Center (EBSCOhost)
- This database contains 343 topics, each with an overview (objective
background / description), point (argument), and counterpoint (opposing
argument). Each topic features a Guide to Critical Analysis which helps
the reader evaluate the controversy and enhances students’ ability to read
critically, develop their own perspective on the issues, and write or debate an
effective argument on the topic.
Primary Search (EBSCOhost)
- This database provides full text for more than 70 popular magazines for
elementary school research. All full text articles included in the database are
assigned a reading level indicator (Lexiles) and full text information dates as
far back as 1990.
Professional Development Collection (EBSCOhost)
- Designed for professional educators, this database provides a highly
specialized collection of nearly 520 education journals, including more than
350 peer-reviewed titles. This database also contains more than 200 educational
- Provides full-text access to a selection of humanities and social sciences
- Full-text of 300+ U.S. and international news sources. Includes coverage of
150+ major U.S. and international newspapers such as the New York Times
and the Wall Street Journal, plus hundreds of other news sources and news
ProQuest Nursing & Allied Health Source
- This database provides full text journals, evidence based resources, and
dissertations to support the study of the many aspects of nursing or the allied
health professions including physical therapy, radiography, dietetics, dental
hygiene, and the clinical laboratory sciences.
ProQuest Statistical Abstract of the U.S.
- The Statistical Abstract of the United States is a one-volume,
comprehensive summary of statistics on the social, political, and economic
organization of the United States. Use the Abstract as a convenient volume for
statistical reference, and as a guide to sources of more information both in
print and on the Web.
- PsycARTICLES, from the American Psychological Association (APA), is a
definitive source of full-text, peer-reviewed scholarly and scientific articles
in psychology. The database contains approximately 150,000 articles from over 70
journals published by the APA, and its imprint the Educational Publishing
Foundation (EPF), and from allied organizations including the Canadian
Psychology Association and Hogrefe Publishing Group.
- PsycBOOKS, from the American Psychological Association (APA), is a database
of over 30,000 chapters from nearly 2,000 books published by the APA and others.
It also includes close to 1,500 classic books of landmark historical impact in
psychology dating from the 1600s and the exclusive electronic release of more
than 1,500 authored entries from APA/Oxford University Press Encyclopedia of
- Provides access to the DSM-5 and DSM-IV-TR (Diagnostic and Statistical
Manual of Mental Disorders) and a selection of journals of particular interest
to students in nursing or psychology. Limited to 2 concurrent users.
Psychology & Behavioral Sciences Collection (EBSCOhost)
- This database covers topics in emotional and behavioral characteristics,
psychiatry & psychology, mental processes, anthropology, and observational
& experimental methods. Offers full text coverage for nearly 400 journals.
- This database is a resource for abstracts of scholarly journal articles,
book chapters, books, and dissertations and is the largest resource devoted to
peer-reviewed literature in behavioral science and mental health. It contains
approximately 3 million citations and summaries dating as far back as the 1600s
with DOIs for over 1.4 million records. Journal coverage, which spans from the
1800s to present, includes international material selected from around 2,400
periodicals in dozens of languages.
- Comprises approximately 20 million citations for biomedical literature from
MEDLINE, life science journals, and online books. PubMed citations and abstracts
include the fields of medicine, nursing, dentistry, veterinary medicine, the
health care system, and preclinical sciences. PubMed also provides access to
additional relevant Web sites and links to the other NCBI molecular biology
R2 Digital Library
- Provides a selection of ebooks focused on the health sciences. Limited to
three concurrent users.
Regional Business News (EBSCOhost)
- Provides full text coverage for regional business publications. Incorporates
coverage of more than 80 regional business publications covering all
metropolitan and rural areas within the United States.
Religion & Philosophy Collection (EBSCOhost)
- Provides coverage of such topics as world religions, major denominations,
biblical studies, religious history, epistemology, political philosophy,
philosophy of language, moral philosophy and the history of philosophy. Offers
nearly 300 full text journals, including more than 250 peer-reviewed titles.
Safari Books Online
- Search, browse, read, and print full-text information technology books
online. Includes titles from O’Reilly, Pearson, Cisco Press, and more. Search
through a wide variety of titles covering databases, desktop applications and
publishing, enterprise computing, graphics, markup languages, multimedia,
networking, operating systems, programming, security, and software engineering.
Up to 3 concurrent users.
Sage eReference Encyclopedias and Handbooks
- Offers access to selected reference encyclopedias and handbooks with
coverage mostly in the areas of social sciences and health care.
Sage Journals Online
- General purpose database for scholarly articles.
- Reference resource for psychology and health. Provides access to
Cancer and Psychology & Mental Health.
- Reference resource for historical topics. Provides access to Milestone
Documents, a collection of primary source documents, The Decades
covering the 1950s through the 1990s, Musicians & Composers and the
Encyclopedia of American Business.
- Reference resource for literary criticism. Provides access to the
Critical Insight and Critical Surveys collections.
Salt Lake Tribune
- Online access to this Utah newspaper provided through ProQuest. Coverage
from September 24th, 1990 to present.
Science Citation Index (Web of Science)
- Consolidated searching of the Science Citation Index, Social Science
Citation Index, & Arts and Humanities Index. Searchable by all elements of
the citation. Limited full text provided.
Science Reference Center (EBSCOhost)
- Provides full text for hundreds of science encyclopedias, reference books,
periodicals, and other sources. Topics covered in Science Reference Center
include biology, chemistry, earth and space science, environmental science,
health and medicine, life science, mathematics, physics, science and society,
science as inquiry, scientists, technology, and wildlife.
- Extensive database of Elsevier journals in a wide range of subjects.
Excellent searching capabilities and full text access. An excellent resource for
authoritative information in many subject disciplines.
Searchasaurus (Grades K-6) (EBSCOhost)
- A kid-friendly interface for four EBSCOhost databases: Primary Search,
Middle Search Plus, EBSCO Animals, and Funk and Wagnalls New World
Encyclopedia. Material retrieved is rated for vocabulary level.
Social Sciences Citation Index (Web of Science)
- Consolidated searching of Science Citation Index, Social Science Citation
Index, and Arts and Humanities Index. Searchable by all elements of the
citation. Limited full text provided.
Small Business Reference Center (EBSCOhost)
- This database offers a wide variety of information on small business and
entrepreneurial subject areas, common business types, a help and advice section,
and provides information on how to create business plans that lead to successful
Smithsonian Global Sound for Libraries (Alexander Street Press)
- Streaming music database. Produced in partnership with Smithsonian Folkways
Recordings, it is a virtual encyclopedia of the world's musical and aural
traditions. Part of the Music Online collection.
Student Research Center (EBSCOhost)
- Full-text database of materials for students in K-12; searchable by subject
and vocabulary level.
Teacher Reference Center (EBSCOhost)
- Provides indexing and abstracts for 280 of the most popular teacher and
administrator journals and magazines to assist professional educators.
Thomson Reuters Checkpoint
- Provides access to widely used tax and accounting products, specifically, a
selection of libraries of RIA accounting products specializing in taxation.
- This database contains full text for over 60,000 articles from 399 diverse
sources including international and regional newspapers, EBSCO’s collection of
periodicals, biographies, public opinion polls, book reviews, pamphlets, and
UEN Digital Media Service
- Collection of educational videos available to K-12 educators, college
faculty and students, as well as the general public. Includes eMedia,
CollegeMedia, PreMedia and MediaHub. Free registration is required on the
Vocational & Career Collection (EBSCOhost)
- This database is designed for vocational and technical libraries servicing
high schools, community colleges, trade institutions and the general public.
This collection provides full-text coverage for nearly 340 trade and
Web of Knowledge
- Consolidated searching of citation search engines and multidisciplinary
listings of articles in 8,500 major scholarly journals. Limited full text
access. Clusters results in subject areas and document types.