Start with these databases:
Academic Search Premier (EBSCOhost)
- A scholarly, multi-disciplinary, database; with full text coverage of 4600 journals in a range of subjects. This database is a good starting place for almost any topic search.
- Education Week is a United States national newspaper covering K–12 education. It is published by Editorial Projects in Education (EPE), a nonprofit organization, which is headquartered in Bethesda, Maryland in Greater Washington DC. The newspaper publishes 37 issues a year, three of them special annual reports (Quality Counts, Technology Counts, and Diplomas Count).
- ERIC, the Education Resource Information Center, contains more than 1,300,000 records and links to more than 323,000 full-text documents relating to education dating back to 1966.
- A scholarly journal archive that provides image and full text access to archival (more than 5 years old) scholarly journals in a wide variety of subject areas.
Professional Development Collection (EBSCOhost)
- Designed for professional educators, this database provides a highly specialized collection of nearly 520 education journals, including more than 350 peer-reviewed titles. This database also contains more than 200 educational reports.
- Provides full-text access to a selection of humanities and social sciences journals.
PsycArticles, PsycBooks, PsycInfo, and Psychology & Behavioral Sciences Collection (EBSCOhost)
- A convenience link for searching these psychology-oriented databases simultaneously.
Psychology & Behavioral Sciences Collection (EBSCOhost)
- This database covers topics in emotional and behavioral characteristics, psychiatry & psychology, mental processes, anthropology, and observational & experimental methods. Offers full text coverage for nearly 400 journals.
- This database is a resource for abstracts of scholarly journal articles, book chapters, books, and dissertations and is the largest resource devoted to peer-reviewed literature in behavioral science and mental health. It contains approximately 3 million citations and summaries dating as far back as the 1600s with DOIs for over 1.4 million records. Journal coverage, which spans from the 1800s to present, includes international material selected from around 2,400 periodicals in dozens of languages.
Sage Journals Online
- General purpose database for scholarly articles.
- Extensive database of Elsevier journals in a wide range of subjects. Excellent searching capabilities and full text access. An excellent resource for authoritative information in many subject disciplines.
UEN Digital Media Service
- Collection of educational videos available to K-12 educators, college faculty and students, as well as the general public. Includes eMedia, CollegeMedia, PreMedia and MediaHub. Free registration is required on the site.
Catalog with reviews:
Children’s Literature Comprehensive Database (CLCD)
- Index of reviews (some full text) for children’s literature with some curriculum connections for specific books. Supports the Education Program and classes in children’s literature taught in the English program.
Gale Virtual Reference Library
- An online reference utility that hosts selected encyclopedias and other reference publications.
Oxford Reference Online - Premium
- Language and subject reference works from Oxford Press into single cross searchable reference.
- Offers access to selected reference encyclopedias, handbooks, and videos with coverage mostly in the areas of social sciences and health care.
K-12 content and interfaces designed for children:
Funk & Wagnalls New World Encyclopedia (EBSCOhost)*
- This database provides over 25,000 encyclopedic entries covering a variety of subject areas.
Kids Search (Grades K-6) (EBSCOhost)*
- A database of materials (dictionary, encyclopedia and articles) with full text and images for elementary level students. This database is very helpful to students in the education program.
MAS Complete (EBSCOhost)*
- Designed specifically for high school libraries, this database contains full text for hundreds of popular high school magazines and reference books, tens of thousands of biographies, and thousands of primary source documents. This is useful to education students seeking resources for students at different levels and to students who are writing papers on current issues.
Middle Search Plus (EBSCOhost)*
- Provides full text for more than 140 popular middle school magazines. All full text articles included in the database are assigned a reading level indicator (Lexiles). Full text is also available for thousands of biographies and historical essays. Middle Search Plus also contains 84,774 biographies, 105,786 primary source documents, and a School Image Collection of photos, maps and flags.
Primary Search (EBSCOhost)*
- This database provides full text for more than 70 popular magazines for elementary school research. All full text articles included in the database are assigned a reading level indicator (Lexiles) and full text information dates as far back as 1990.
Searchasaurus (Grades K-6) (EBSCOhost)*
- A kid-friendly interface for four EBSCOhost databases: Primary Search, Middle Search Plus, EBSCO Animals, and Funk and Wagnalls New World Encyclopedia. Material retrieved is rated for vocabulary level.
Student Research Center (EBSCOhost)*
- Full-text database of materials for students in K-12; searchable by subject and vocabulary level.
Teacher Reference Center (EBSCOhost)
- Provides indexing and abstracts for 280 of the most popular teacher and administrator journals and magazines to assist professional educators.
*Also available in school media centers and public libraries through Utah’s Online Library.
Other useful resources:
- Search for books, audio, video, and periodicals at the Dixie State University Library.
- A list of ebook databases available at Dixie.
- Manage your citations with a bibliographic utility.
Full-Text Periodicals List
- Find a specific journal or magazine.
- Borrow materials from other libraries.
ProQuest Research Companion
- Information literacy training aligned with ACRL Information Literacy and Common Core English Language Arts standards. Provides a framework and foundation for information literacy instruction.
- Search library catalogs in Utah and beyond.