Academic Search Premier (EBSCOhost)
- A scholarly, multi-disciplinary, database; with full text coverage of 4600 journals in a range of subjects. This database is a good starting place for almost any topic search.
Academic Search Premier & MasterFILE Complete (EBSCOhost)
- A convenience link for searching the Academic Search Premier and MasterFILE Complete databases simultaneously.
Academic Search Premier, MasterFILE Complete & Business Source Premier (EBSOhost)
- A convenience link for searching the Academic Search Premier, MasterFILE Complete, and Business Source Premier databases simultaneously.
- Explores a single hot issue in the news each week, covering 44 topics, including expanded reports. Especially useful for pro/con presentation of issues currently being discussed. This is an excellent place for students to search for term paper topics.
- Provides access to databases, directories, and training resources related to fundraising and philanthropy. Includes the Foundation Directory Online and Foundation Grants to Individuals Online. This database must be used on campus.
Gale Opposing Viewpoints in Context
- Opposing Viewpoints in Context helps students research, analyze and organize a broad variety of data on today’s hottest social issues for conducting research, completing writing assignments, preparing for debates, creating presentations and more.
Gale Virtual Reference Library
- An online reference utility that hosts selected encyclopedias and other reference publications.
- A scholarly journal archive that provides image and full text access to archival (more than 5 years old) scholarly journals in a wide variety of subject areas.
- Indexing and full text documents for over 5600 news, business, legal, medical and reference publications with a variety of flexible search options. This is an excellent database for information on current issues or business.
Oxford English Dictionary Online (OED)
- Historical dictionary of English, covering use of words from earliest times to present day.
Oxford Reference Online - Premium
- Language and subject reference works from Oxford Press into single cross
- Provides full-text access to a selection of humanities and social sciences journals.
- Full-text of 300+ U.S. and international news sources. Includes coverage of
150+ major U.S. and international newspapers such as the New York Times
and the Wall Street Journal, plus hundreds of other news sources and news
ProQuest Statistical Abstract of the U.S.
- The Statistical Abstract of the United States is a one-volume, comprehensive summary of statistics on the social, political, and economic organization of the United States. Use the Abstract as a convenient volume for statistical reference, and as a guide to sources of more information both in print and on the Web.
Sage Journals Online
- General purpose database for scholarly articles.
- Offers access to selected reference encyclopedias, handbooks, and videos with coverage mostly in the areas of social sciences and health care.
- Extensive database of Elsevier journals in a wide range of subjects. Excellent searching capabilities and full text access. An excellent resource for authoritative information in many subject disciplines.
Web of Knowledge
- Consolidated searching of citation search engines and multidisciplinary listings of articles in 8,500 major scholarly journals. Limited full text access. Clusters results in subject areas and document types.
Other useful resources:
- Search for books, audio, video, and periodicals at the Dixie State University Library.
- A list of ebook databases available at Dixie.
- Manage your citations with a bibliographic utility.
Full-Text Periodicals List
- Find a specific journal or magazine.
- Borrow materials from other libraries using interlibrary loan.
ProQuest Research Companion
- Information literacy training aligned with ACRL Information Literacy and Common Core English Language Arts standards. Provides a framework and foundation for information literacy instruction.
- Search library catalogs in Utah and beyond.