Start with these databases:
Historical Abstracts with Full Text (EBSCOhost)
- This resource provides selective indexing of historical articles from thousands of journals. Coverage includes the history of the world (excluding the United States and Canada) from 1450 to the present, including world history, military history, women’s history, history of education and more.
America: History & Life (EBSCOhost)
- A database of literature covering the history and culture of the United States and Canada from prehistory to the present. With selective indexing for 1,700 journals from 1964 to present and full-text coverage of nearly 200 journals and more than 100 books.
- Reference resource for historical topics. Provides access to Milestone Documents, a collection of primary source documents, The Decades covering the 1950s through the 1990s, Musicians & Composers and the Encyclopedia of American Business.
Other article databases:
Academic Search Premier (EBSCOhost)
- A scholarly, multi-disciplinary, database; with full text coverage of 4600 journals in a range of subjects. This database is a good starting place for almost any topic search.
American Song (Alexander Street Press)
- This is a history database that allows people to hear music from America’s past.The database includes songs by and about American Indians, miners, immigrants, slaves, children, pioneers, and cowboys. Included in the database are the songs of Civil Rights, political campaigns, Prohibition, the Revolutionary War, the Civil War, anti-war protests, and more. Part of the Music Online collection.
Arts & Humanities Citation Index (Web of Science)
- Citation index that provides consolidated searching of a social science citation index, art and humanities citation index and multi disciplinary databases—may be searched by author, title, subject, and topic. These are citations of usage, not full text and will be useful primarily to upper division students and faculty doing research.
Biography Reference Center (EBSCOhost)
- A comprehensive collection of biographies on notable personalities.
Fuente Académica (EBSCOhost)
- Provides access to more than 450 scholarly journals from Latin America, Portugal and Spain. All major subject areas are covered with particular emphasis on agriculture, biological sciences, economics, history, law, literature, philosophy, psychology, public administration, religion and sociology.
History Reference Center (EBSCOhost)
- Provides full text for reference books, encyclopedias, non-fiction books, and periodicals from leading history publishers.
- A scholarly journal archive that provides image and full text access to archival (more than 5 years old) scholarly journals in a wide variety of subject areas.
Oxford Reference Online - Premium
- Language and subject reference works from Oxford Press into single cross searchable reference.
- Provides full-text access to a selection of humanities and social sciences journals.
ProQuest Historical Newspapers: The New York Times with Index
- This historical newspaper provides genealogists, researchers and scholars with online, easily-searchable first-hand accounts and unparalleled coverage of the politics, society and events of the time. The Historical New York Times with Index (1851-1993) provides search capability using subject terms and topics for focused and targeted results in combination with searchable full text, full page, and article-level images from the Historical New York Times.
Religion & Philosophy Collection (EBSCOhost)
- Provides coverage of such topics as world religions, major denominations, biblical studies, religious history, epistemology, political philosophy, philosophy of language, moral philosophy and the history of philosophy. Offers nearly 300 full text journals, including more than 250 peer-reviewed titles.
Other useful resources:
- Search for books, audio, video, and periodicals at the Dixie State University Library.
- A list of ebook databases available at Dixie.
- Manage your citations with a bibliographic utility.
Full-Text Periodicals List
- Find a specific journal or magazine.
- Borrow materials from other libraries using interlibrary loan.
ProQuest Research Companion
- Information literacy training aligned with ACRL Information Literacy and Common Core English Language Arts standards. Provides a framework and foundation for information literacy instruction.
- Search library catalogs in Utah and beyond.