News & Current Events
The Chronicle of Higher Education
- A newspaper targeted to college and university faculty, staff members and administrators.
Deseret News Archives
- Link to archives of the Desert News. Articles go back to 1988.
Ethnic NewsWatch (ProQuest)
- A full-text collection of the newspapers, magazines and journals of the ethnic, minority and native press.
- Indexing, abstracts and full-text collection of journals, magazines, newsletters, regional publications, conference reports on gender studies sources with coverage from the 1970’s to the present.
- Indexing and full text documents for over 5600 news, business, legal, medical and reference publications with a variety of flexible search options. This is an excellent database for information on current issues or business.
MasterFILE Complete (EBSCOhost)
- Multidisciplinary database designed for public libraries that covers virtually every subject area of general interest. Provides a large collection of popular full-text magazines, journals, and other sources from the world’s leading publishers as well as a large image collection of photos, maps and flags.
Newspaper Source Plus (EBSCOhost)
- With more than 55 million full-text articles from more than 1,400 newspapers, this database provides a comprehensive collection of the world’s major newspaper content.
ProQuest US Newsstream
- Full-text of the most recent premium U.S. news content as well as archives which stretch back into the 1980s featuring newspapers, newswires, blogs, and news sites. Includes coverage of 150+ major U.S. newspapers such as the New York Times and the Wall Street Journal, plus hundreds of other news sources and news wires.
Regional Business News (EBSCOhost)
- Provides full text coverage for regional business publications. Incorporates coverage of more than 80 regional business publications covering all metropolitan and rural areas within the United States.
Salt Lake Tribune
- Online access to this Utah newspaper provided through ProQuest. Coverage from September 24th, 1990 to present.
- This database contains full text for over 60,000 articles from 399 diverse sources including international and regional newspapers, EBSCO’s collection of periodicals, biographies, public opinion polls, book reviews, pamphlets, and government information.
UPA Newspaper Archives
- This collection provides archives of Utah newspapers.
Other useful resources:
- Search for books, audio, video, and periodicals at the Dixie State University Library.
- A list of ebook databases available at Dixie.
- Manage your citations with a bibliographic utility.
Full-Text Periodicals List
- Find a specific journal or magazine.
- Borrow materials from other libraries.
ProQuest Research Companion
- Information literacy training aligned with ACRL Information Literacy and Common Core English Language Arts standards. Provides a framework and foundation for information literacy instruction.
- Search library catalogs in Utah and beyond.