Political Science & Law Databases
Start with these databases:
Academic Search Premier (EBSCOhost)
- A scholarly, multi-disciplinary, database; with full text coverage of 4600 journals in a range of subjects. This database is a good starting place for almost any topic search.
- Features more than 15,000 news, business, and legal sources, including U.S. Supreme Court decisions dating back to 1790.
- Extensive database of Elsevier journals in a wide range of subjects. Excellent searching capabilities and full text access. An excellent resource for authoritative information in many subject disciplines.
Other article databases:
- Explores a single hot issue in the news each week, covering 44 topics, including expanded reports. Especially useful for pro/con presentation of issues currently being discussed. This is an excellent place to search for term paper topics.
- A scholarly journal archive that provides image and full text access to archival (more than 5 years old) scholarly journals in a wide variety of subject areas.
Military & Government Collection (EBSCOhost)
- Designed to offer current news pertaining to all branches of the military and government, this database offers a thorough collection of periodicals, academic journals, and other content pertinent to the increasing needs of those sites. The Military & Government Collection provides full text for nearly 300 journals and periodicals and indexing and abstracts for more than 400 titles.
- Provides full-text access to a selection of humanities and social sciences
Sage Journals Online
- General purpose database for scholarly articles.
- Reference resources for psychology, health, historical topics, and literary criticism.
Web of Knowledge
- Consolidated searching of citation search engines and multidisciplinary listings of articles in 8,500 major scholarly journals. Limited full text access. Clusters results in subject areas and document types.
Gale Virtual Reference Library
- An online reference utility that hosts selected encyclopedias and other reference publications.
Legal Information Reference Center (EBSCOhost)
- Provides online full text for many of the top consumer legal reference books, hundreds of full-text publications and thousands of legal forms.
Oxford Reference Online - Premium
- Language and subject reference works from Oxford Press into single cross searchable reference.
- Offers access to selected reference encyclopedias, handbooks, and videos with coverage mostly in the areas of social sciences and health care.
Other useful resources:
- Search for books, audio, video, and periodicals at the Dixie State University Library.
- A list of ebook databases available at Dixie.
- Manage your citations with a bibliographic utility.
Full-Text Periodicals List
- Find a specific journal or magazine.
- Borrow materials from other libraries.
ProQuest Research Companion
- Information literacy training aligned with ACRL Information Literacy and Common Core English Language Arts standards. Provides a framework and foundation for information literacy instruction.
- Search library catalogs in Utah and beyond.