Start with these databases:
- Provides access to the DSM-5 and DSM-IV-TR (Diagnostic and Statistical
Manual of Mental Disorders) and a selection of journals of particular interest
to students in nursing or psychology. Limited to 2 concurrent users.
Academic Search Premier (EBSCOhost)
- A scholarly, multi-disciplinary, database; with full text coverage of 4600
journals in a range of subjects. This database is a good starting place for
almost any topic search.
- A collection of critical reviews written by leading scientists. Annual
Reviews volumes are published each year for 40 focused disciplines within the
Biomedical, Life, Physical, and Social Sciences including Economics.
- A scholarly journal archive that provides image and full text access to
archival (more than 5 years old) scholarly journals in a wide variety of
- Provides full-text access to a selection of humanities and social sciences
- PsycARTICLES, from the American Psychological Association (APA), is a
definitive source of full-text, peer-reviewed scholarly and scientific articles
in psychology. The database contains approximately 150,000 articles from over
70 journals published by the APA, and its imprint the Educational Publishing
Foundation (EPF), and from allied organizations including the Canadian
Psychology Association and Hogrefe Publishing Group.
Psychology & Behavioral Sciences Collection (EBSCOhost)
- This database covers topics in emotional and behavioral characteristics,
psychiatry & psychology, mental processes, anthropology, and observational
& experimental methods. Offers full text coverage for nearly 400 journals.
- This database is a resource for abstracts of scholarly journal articles,
book chapters, books, and dissertations and is the largest resource devoted to
peer-reviewed literature in behavioral science and mental health. It contains
approximately 3 million citations and summaries dating as far back as the 1600s
with DOIs for over 1.4 million records. Journal coverage, which spans from the
1800s to present, includes international material selected from around 2,400
periodicals in dozens of languages.
Sage Journals Online
- General purpose database for scholarly articles.
- Reference resources for psychology, health, historical topics, and literary
- Extensive database of Elsevier journals in a wide range of subjects.
Excellent searching capabilities and full text access. An excellent resource
for authoritative information in many subject disciplines.
Social Sciences Citation Index (Web of Science)
- Consolidated searching of Science Citation Index, Social Science Citation
Index, and Arts and Humanities Index. Searchable by all elements of the
citation. Limited full text provided.
Gale Virtual Reference Library
- An online reference utility that hosts selected encyclopedias and other
Oxford Handbooks Online
- Provides in-depth, high-level articles written by the world’s leading
Oxford Reference Online - Premium
- Language and subject reference works from Oxford Press into single cross
- Offers access to selected reference encyclopedias, handbooks, and videos
with coverage mostly in the areas of social sciences and health care.
Other useful resources:
- Search for books, audio, video, and periodicals at the Dixie State
- A list of ebook databases available at Dixie.
- Manage your citations with a bibliographic utility.
Full-Text Periodicals List
- Find a specific journal or magazine.
- Borrow materials from other libraries.
ProQuest Research Companion
- Information literacy training aligned with ACRL Information Literacy and
Common Core English Language Arts standards. Provides a framework and
foundation for information literacy instruction.
- Search library catalogs in Utah and beyond.