Start with these databases:
- Provides access to the DSM-5 and DSM-IV-TR (Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders) and a selection of journals of particular interest to students in nursing or psychology. Limited to 2 concurrent users.
Academic Search Premier (EBSCOhost)
- A scholarly, multi-disciplinary, database; with full text coverage of 4600 journals in a range of subjects. This database is a good starting place for almost any topic search.
- A collection of critical reviews written by leading scientists. Annual Reviews volumes are published each year for 40 focused disciplines within the Biomedical, Life, Physical, and Social Sciences including Economics.
- A scholarly journal archive that provides image and full text access to archival (more than 5 years old) scholarly journals in a wide variety of subject areas.
- Provides full-text access to a selection of humanities and social sciences journals.
- PsycARTICLES, from the American Psychological Association (APA), is a definitive source of full-text, peer-reviewed scholarly and scientific articles in psychology. The database contains approximately 150,000 articles from over 70 journals published by the APA, and its imprint the Educational Publishing Foundation (EPF), and from allied organizations including the Canadian Psychology Association and Hogrefe Publishing Group.
Psychology & Behavioral Sciences Collection (EBSCOhost)
- This database covers topics in emotional and behavioral characteristics, psychiatry & psychology, mental processes, anthropology, and observational & experimental methods. Offers full text coverage for nearly 400 journals.
- This database is a resource for abstracts of scholarly journal articles, book chapters, books, and dissertations and is the largest resource devoted to peer-reviewed literature in behavioral science and mental health. It contains approximately 3 million citations and summaries dating as far back as the 1600s with DOIs for over 1.4 million records. Journal coverage, which spans from the 1800s to present, includes international material selected from around 2,400 periodicals in dozens of languages.
Sage Journals Online
- General purpose database for scholarly articles.
- Reference resources for psychology, health, historical topics, and literary criticism.
- Extensive database of Elsevier journals in a wide range of subjects. Excellent searching capabilities and full text access. An excellent resource for authoritative information in many subject disciplines.
Social Sciences Citation Index (Web of Science)
- Consolidated searching of Science Citation Index, Social Science Citation Index, and Arts and Humanities Index. Searchable by all elements of the citation. Limited full text provided.
Gale Virtual Reference Library
- An online reference utility that hosts selected encyclopedias and other reference publications.
Oxford Handbooks Online
- Provides in-depth, high-level articles written by the world’s leading scholars.
Oxford Reference Online - Premium
- Language and subject reference works from Oxford Press into single cross searchable reference.
- Offers access to selected reference encyclopedias, handbooks, and videos with coverage mostly in the areas of social sciences and health care.
Other useful resources:
- Search for books, audio, video, and periodicals at the Dixie State University Library.
- A list of ebook databases available at Dixie.
- Manage your citations with a bibliographic utility.
Full-Text Periodicals List
- Find a specific journal or magazine.
- Borrow materials from other libraries.
ProQuest Research Companion
- Information literacy training aligned with ACRL Information Literacy and Common Core English Language Arts standards. Provides a framework and foundation for information literacy instruction.
- Search library catalogs in Utah and beyond.