Science & Mathematics Databases
Start with these databases:
- Extensive database of Elsevier journals in a wide range of subjects. Excellent searching capabilities and full text access. An excellent resource for authoritative information in many subject disciplines.
Web of Knowledge
- Consolidated searching of citation search engines and multidisciplinary listings of articles in 8,500 major scholarly journals. Limited full text access. Clusters results in subject areas and document types.
- Full text database that is an aggregation of high impact geoscience research journals. The focus centers on the biological, environmental, and ecological sciences.
- Offers access to a carefully maintained and easily searchable database of reviews, abstracts and bibliographic information for much of the mathematical sciences literature. Provides indexing and abstracts—a finding aid for scholarship in this discipline.
Academic Search Premier (EBSCOhost)
- A scholarly, multi-disciplinary, database; with full text coverage of 4600 journals in a range of subjects. This database is a good starting place for almost any topic search.
- An agriculture database that provides coverage from 1970 to present of literature citations for journal articles, monographs, proceedings, theses, patents, translations, audiovisual materials, software, etc. related to agriculture. This will be of particular interest for students researching Environmental Sciences.
American Mathematical Society Journals (AMS)
- A searchable database that provides full text access to articles published in the journals of the American Mathematical Society, as well as full text access to articles that have been accepted for publication in the AMS journals.
- A collection of critical reviews written by leading scientists. Annual Reviews volumes are published each year for 40 focused disciplines within the Biomedical, Life, Physical, and Social Sciences including Economics.
- A scholarly journal archive that provides image and full text access to archival (more than 5 years old) scholarly journals in a wide variety of subject areas.
JSTOR Plant Science
- Provides access to foundational content vital to plant science—plant type specimens, taxonomic structures, scientific literature, and related materials.
- Provides full-text access to a selection of humanities and social sciences journals.
Sage Journals Online
- General purpose database for scholarly articles.
Gale Virtual Reference Library
- An online reference utility that hosts selected encyclopedias and other reference publications.
Oxford Reference Online - Premium
- Language and subject reference works from Oxford Press into single cross searchable reference.
- Offers access to selected reference encyclopedias, handbooks, and videos with coverage mostly in the areas of social sciences and health care.
Science Reference Center (EBSCOhost)
- Provides full text for hundreds of science encyclopedias, reference books, periodicals, and other sources. Topics covered in Science Reference Center include biology, chemistry, earth and space science, environmental science, health and medicine, life science, mathematics, physics, science and society, science as inquiry, scientists, technology, and wildlife.
Other useful resources:
- Search for books, audio, video, and periodicals at the Dixie State University Library.
- A list of ebook databases available at Dixie.
- Manage your citations with a bibliographic utility.
Full-Text Periodicals List
- Find a specific journal or magazine.
- Borrow materials from other libraries.
ProQuest Research Companion
- Information literacy training aligned with ACRL Information Literacy and Common Core English Language Arts standards. Provides a framework and foundation for information literacy instruction.
- Search library catalogs in Utah and beyond.