Start with these:
- A large e-book collection spanning all academic subject areas.
Subject specific ebook collections:
Safari Books Online
- Search, browse, read, and print full-text information technology books online. Includes titles from O’Reilly, Pearson, Cisco Press, and more. Search through a wide variety of titles covering databases, desktop applications and publishing, enterprise computing, graphics, markup languages, multimedia, networking, operating systems, programming, security, and software engineering. Up to 20 concurrent users.
- Electronic medical library of 30+ medical reference texts. Indexes full text of major medical resources; can explore individual books or references, or search entire database. Limited to 1 concurrent user.
Access Medicine (Harrison’s Online)
- Authoritative online medical reference, especially useful for students in Allied Health Sciences. Limited to two concurrent users. Includes Harrison’s Principles of Internal Medicine.
- Reference resource for psychology and health. Provides access to Magill’s Medical Guide, Cancer and Psychology & Mental Health.
Cambridge Companions Online
- Online access to the Cambridge Companions series of authoritative guides written by leading experts in literature, philosophy, religion, classics, and cultural studies.
Literature Resource Center (Gale)
- Provides full text access to biographies, bibliographies, and critical analysis of authors. Covers more than 90,000 novelists, poets, poets, essayists, etc. Limited to 2 concurrent users.
- Reference resource for historical topics. Provides access to Milestone Documents, a collection of primary source documents, The Decades covering the 1950s through the 1990s, Musicians & Composers and the Encyclopedia of American Business.
Classical Music Reference Library (Alexander Street Press)
- Contains reference materials that span the entire history of Western classical music. Included are the authoritative reference titles Baker’s Dictionary of Music, Baker’s Biographical Dictionary of Musicians, and Baker’s Student Encyclopedia of Music. Part of the Music Online collection.
Oxford Art Online
- This database includes the Grove Dictionary of Art, Oxford Companion to Western Art, links to Images from ARTSTOR, and other sources.
Oxford Reference Online - Premium
- Language and subject reference works from Oxford Press into single cross searchable reference. Limited to 1 user at a time.
Sage eReference Encyclopedias and Handbooks
- Offers access to selected reference encyclopedias and handbooks with coverage mostly in the areas of social sciences and health care.
Gale Virtual Reference Library
- An online reference utility that hosts selected encyclopedias and other reference publications.