Dixie State University
Library & Learning Services
Political Science & Law Databases
Start with these databases:
Academic Search Ultimate (EBSCOhost)
- A scholarly, multi-disciplinary, database; with full text coverage of
10,021 journals in a range of subjects. This database is a good starting place
for almost any topic search.
- Features more than 15,000 news, business, and legal sources, including U.S.
Supreme Court decisions dating back to 1790.
- Extensive database of Elsevier journals in a wide range of subjects.
Excellent searching capabilities and full text access. An excellent resource
for authoritative information in many subject disciplines.
Other article databases:
- Explores a single hot issue in the news each week, covering 44 topics,
including expanded reports. Especially useful for pro/con presentation of
issues currently being discussed. This is an excellent place to search for term
- A scholarly journal archive that provides image and full text access to
archival (more than 5 years old) scholarly journals in a wide variety of
Military & Government Collection (EBSCOhost)
- Designed to offer current news pertaining to all branches of the military
and government, this database offers a thorough collection of periodicals,
academic journals, and other content pertinent to the increasing needs of those
sites. The Military & Government Collection provides full text for
nearly 300 journals and periodicals and indexing and abstracts for more than
- Provides full-text access to a selection of humanities and social sciences
Sage Journals Online
- General purpose database for scholarly articles.
- Reference resources for psychology, health, historical topics, and literary
Web of Knowledge
- Consolidated searching of citation search engines and multidisciplinary
listings of articles in 8,500 major scholarly journals. Limited full text
access. Clusters results in subject areas and document types.
Gale Virtual Reference Library
- An online reference utility that hosts selected encyclopedias and other
Legal Information Reference Center (EBSCOhost)
- Provides online full text for many of the top consumer legal reference
books, hundreds of full-text publications and thousands of legal forms.
Oxford Reference Online - Premium
- Language and subject reference works from Oxford Press into single cross
- Offers access to selected reference encyclopedias, handbooks, and videos
with coverage mostly in the areas of social sciences and health care.
Other useful resources:
- Search for books, audio, video, and periodicals at the Dixie State
- A list of ebook databases available at Dixie.
- Manage your citations with a bibliographic utility.
Full-Text Periodicals List
- Find a specific journal or magazine.
- Borrow materials from other libraries.
- Search library catalogs in Utah and beyond.