Start with these databases:
Academic Search Premier (EBSCOhost)
- A scholarly, multi-disciplinary, database; with full text coverage of 4600 journals in a range of subjects. This database is a good starting place for almost any topic search.
Other article databases:
Business Source Premier (EBSCOhost)
- A top level full-text business database consisting of popular business magazines, scholarly journals and trade publications.
- Abstracts of articles in primary professional literature in communications; this is an excellent finding tool, with limited full text.
Ethnic NewsWatch (ProQuest)
- A full-text collection of the newspapers, magazines and journals of the ethnic, minority and native press.
- Indexing, abstracts and full-text collection of journals, magazines, newsletters, regional publications, conference reports on gender studies sources with coverage from the 1970’s to the present.
- A scholarly journal archive that provides image and full text access to archival (more than 5 years old) scholarly journals in a wide variety of subject areas.
- Features more than 15,000 news, business, and legal sources, including U.S. Supreme Court decisions dating back to 1790.
MasterFILE Complete (EBSCOhost)
- Multidisciplinary database designed for public libraries that covers virtually every subject area of general interest. Provides a large collection of popular full-text magazines, journals, and other sources from the world’s leading publishers as well as a large image collection of photos, maps and flags.
- Provides full-text access to a selection of humanities and social sciences journals.
ProQuest US Newsstream
- Full-text of the most recent premium U.S. news content as well as archives which stretch back into the 1980s featuring newspapers, newswires, blogs, and news sites. Includes coverage of 150+ major U.S. newspapers such as the New York Times and the Wall Street Journal, plus hundreds of other news sources and news wires.
- This database is a resource for abstracts of scholarly journal articles, book chapters, books, and dissertations and is the largest resource devoted to peer-reviewed literature in behavioral science and mental health. It contains approximately 3 million citations and summaries dating as far back as the 1600s with DOIs for over 1.4 million records. Journal coverage, which spans from the 1800s to present, includes international material selected from around 2,400 periodicals in dozens of languages.
- Extensive database of Elsevier journals in a wide range of subjects. Excellent searching capabilities and full text access. An excellent resource for authoritative information in many subject disciplines.
Social Sciences Citation Index (Web of Science)
- Consolidated searching of Science Citation Index, Social Science Citation Index, and Arts and Humanities Index. Searchable by all elements of the citation. Limited full text provided.
Gale Virtual Reference Library
- An online reference utility that hosts selected encyclopedias and other reference publications.
Oxford Reference Online - Premium
- Language and subject reference works from Oxford Press into single cross searchable reference.
- Offers access to selected reference encyclopedias, handbooks, and videos with coverage mostly in the areas of social sciences and health care.
Other useful resources:
- Search for books, audio, video, and periodicals at the Dixie State University Library.
- A list of ebook databases available at Dixie.
- Manage your citations with a bibliographic utility.
Full-Text Periodicals List
- Find a specific journal or magazine.
- Borrow materials from other libraries.
UEN Digital Media Service
- Collection of educational videos available to K-12 educators, college faculty and students, as well as the general public. Includes eMedia, CollegeMedia, PreMedia and MediaHub. Free registration is required on the site.
- Search library catalogs in Utah and beyond.