Dixie State University
Library & Learning Services
Start with these databases:
Academic Search Ultimate (EBSCOhost)
- A scholarly, multi-disciplinary, database; with full text coverage of
10,021 journals in a range of subjects. This database is a good starting place
for almost any topic search.
Other article databases:
Business Source Premier (EBSCOhost)
- A top level full-text business database consisting of popular business
magazines, scholarly journals and trade publications.
- Abstracts of articles in primary professional literature in
communications; this is an excellent finding tool, with limited full text.
Ethnic NewsWatch (ProQuest)
- A full-text collection of the newspapers, magazines and journals of the
ethnic, minority and native press.
- Indexing, abstracts and full-text collection of journals, magazines,
newsletters, regional publications, conference reports on gender studies
sources with coverage from the 1970’s to the present.
- A scholarly journal archive that provides image and full text access to
archival (more than 5 years old) scholarly journals in a wide variety of
- Features more than 15,000 news, business, and legal sources, including
U.S. Supreme Court decisions dating back to 1790.
MasterFILE Complete (EBSCOhost)
- Multidisciplinary database designed for public libraries that covers
virtually every subject area of general interest. Provides a large collection
of popular full-text magazines, journals, and other sources from the world’s
leading publishers as well as a large image collection of photos, maps and
- Provides full-text access to a selection of humanities and social sciences
ProQuest US Newsstream
- Full-text of the most recent premium U.S. news content as well as archives
which stretch back into the 1980s featuring newspapers, newswires, blogs, and
news sites. Includes coverage of 150+ major U.S. newspapers such as the New
York Times and the Wall Street Journal, plus hundreds of other news
sources and news wires.
- This database is a resource for abstracts of scholarly journal articles,
book chapters, books, and dissertations and is the largest resource devoted to
peer-reviewed literature in behavioral science and mental health. It contains
approximately 3 million citations and summaries dating as far back as the
1600s with DOIs for over 1.4 million records. Journal coverage, which spans
from the 1800s to present, includes international material selected from
around 2,400 periodicals in dozens of languages.
- Extensive database of Elsevier journals in a wide range of subjects.
Excellent searching capabilities and full text access. An excellent resource
for authoritative information in many subject disciplines.
Social Sciences Citation Index (Web of Science)
- Consolidated searching of Science Citation Index, Social Science Citation
Index, and Arts and Humanities Index. Searchable by all elements of the
citation. Limited full text provided.
- An online reference utility that hosts selected encyclopedias and other
Oxford Reference Online - Premium
- Language and subject reference works from Oxford Press into single cross
- Offers access to selected reference encyclopedias, handbooks, and videos
with coverage mostly in the areas of social sciences and health care.
Other useful resources:
- Search for books, audio, video, and periodicals at the Dixie State
- A list of ebook databases available at Dixie.
- Manage your citations with a bibliographic utility.
Full-Text Periodicals List
- Find a specific journal or magazine.
- Borrow materials from other libraries.
UEN Digital Media Service
- Collection of educational videos available to K-12 educators, college
faculty and students, as well as the general public. Includes eMedia,
CollegeMedia, PreMedia and MediaHub. Free registration is required on the
- Search library catalogs in Utah and beyond.