Dixie State University
Library & Learning Services
Start with these databases:
Academic Search Ultimate (EBSCOhost)
- A scholarly, multi-disciplinary, database; with full text coverage of
10,021 journals in a range of subjects. This database is a good starting place
for almost any topic search.
- Education Week is a United States national newspaper covering
K–12 education. It is published by Editorial Projects in Education (EPE), a
nonprofit organization, which is headquartered in Bethesda, Maryland in
Greater Washington DC. The newspaper publishes 37 issues a year, three of them
special annual reports (Quality Counts, Technology Counts, and
- ERIC, the Education Resource Information Center, contains more than
1,300,000 records and links to more than 323,000 full-text documents relating
to education dating back to 1966.
Family & Society Studies Worldwide (EBSCOhost)
- Comprised of four database files, Family & Society Studies Worldwide meets educational needs of professionals in all fields of social work, social science and family practice. It indexes publications from a wide range of social science disciplines, including anthropology, sociology, psychology, demography, health sciences, education, economics, law, history and social work.
- A scholarly journal archive that provides image and full text access to
archival (more than 5 years old) scholarly journals in a wide variety of
Professional Development Collection (EBSCOhost)
- Designed for professional educators, this database provides a highly
specialized collection of nearly 520 education journals, including more than
350 peer-reviewed titles. This database also contains more than 200
- Provides full-text access to a selection of humanities and social sciences
PsycArticles, PsycBooks, PsycInfo, and Psychology & Behavioral Sciences Collection (EBSCOhost)
- A convenience link for searching these psychology-oriented databases
Psychology & Behavioral Sciences Collection (EBSCOhost)
- This database covers topics in emotional and behavioral characteristics,
psychiatry & psychology, mental processes, anthropology, and observational
& experimental methods. Offers full text coverage for nearly 400 journals.
- This database is a resource for abstracts of scholarly journal articles,
book chapters, books, and dissertations and is the largest resource devoted to
peer-reviewed literature in behavioral science and mental health. It contains
approximately 3 million citations and summaries dating as far back as the
1600s with DOIs for over 1.4 million records. Journal coverage, which spans
from the 1800s to present, includes international material selected from
around 2,400 periodicals in dozens of languages.
Sage Journals Online
- General purpose database for scholarly articles.
- Extensive database of Elsevier journals in a wide range of subjects.
Excellent searching capabilities and full text access. An excellent resource
for authoritative information in many subject disciplines.
TESOL Quarterly and
- Refereed journals for teachers of English as a second language.
UEN Digital Media Service
- Collection of educational videos available to K-12 educators, college
faculty and students, as well as the general public. Includes eMedia,
CollegeMedia, PreMedia and MediaHub. Free registration is required on the
Catalog with reviews:
Children’s Literature Comprehensive Database (CLCD)
- Index of reviews (some full text) for children’s literature with some
curriculum connections for specific books. Supports the Education Program and
classes in children’s literature taught in the English program.
- An online reference utility that hosts selected encyclopedias and other
Oxford Reference Online - Premium
- Language and subject reference works from Oxford Press into single cross
- Offers access to selected reference encyclopedias, handbooks, and videos
with coverage mostly in the areas of social sciences and health care.
K-12 content and interfaces designed for children:
- A kid-friendly interface to EBSCOhost databases for educators, primary, and secondary schools. Provides topic overviews, reading level indicators, and a curriculum standards module to help educators correlate content to Common Core and state-specific curriculum standards.
Funk & Wagnalls New World Encyclopedia (EBSCOhost)
- This database provides over 25,000 encyclopedic entries covering a variety
of subject areas.
MAS Complete (EBSCOhost)
- Designed specifically for high school libraries, this database contains
full text for hundreds of popular high school magazines and reference books,
tens of thousands of biographies, and thousands of primary source documents.
This is useful to education students seeking resources for students at
different levels and to students who are writing papers on current issues.
Middle Search Plus (EBSCOhost)
- Provides full text for more than 140 popular middle school magazines. All
full text articles included in the database are assigned a reading level
indicator (Lexiles). Full text is also available for thousands of biographies
and historical essays. Middle Search Plus also contains 84,774 biographies,
105,786 primary source documents, and a School Image Collection of photos,
maps and flags.
Primary Search (EBSCOhost)
- This database provides full text for more than 70 popular magazines for
elementary school research. All full text articles included in the database
are assigned a reading level indicator (Lexiles) and full text information
dates as far back as 1990.
Teacher Reference Center (EBSCOhost)
- Provides indexing and abstracts for 280 of the most popular teacher and
administrator journals and magazines to assist professional educators.
Other useful resources:
- Search for books, audio, video, and periodicals at the Dixie State
- A list of ebook databases available at Dixie.
- Manage your citations with a bibliographic utility.
Full-Text Periodicals List
- Find a specific journal or magazine.
- Borrow materials from other libraries.
- Search library catalogs in Utah and beyond.