Dixie State University
LIBRARY & LEARNING SERVICES
Political Science & Law Databases
Start with these databases:
Academic Search Ultimate (EBSCOhost)
- A scholarly, multi-disciplinary, database; with full text coverage of
10,021 journals in a range of subjects. This database is a good starting place
for almost any topic search.
- Features more than 15,000 news, business, and legal sources, including U.S.
Supreme Court decisions dating back to 1790.
- Extensive database of Elsevier journals in a wide range of subjects.
Excellent searching capabilities and full text access. An excellent resource
for authoritative information in many subject disciplines.
Other article databases:
- Explores a single hot issue in the news each week, covering 44 topics,
including expanded reports. Especially useful for pro/con presentation of
issues currently being discussed. This is an excellent place to search for term
- A scholarly journal archive that provides image and full text access to
archival (more than 5 years old) scholarly journals in a wide variety of
Military & Government Collection (EBSCOhost)
- Designed to offer current news pertaining to all branches of the military
and government, this database offers a thorough collection of periodicals,
academic journals, and other content pertinent to the increasing needs of those
sites. The Military & Government Collection provides full text for
nearly 300 journals and periodicals and indexing and abstracts for more than
- Provides full-text access to a selection of humanities and social sciences
Sage Journals Online
- General purpose database for scholarly articles.
- Reference resources for psychology, health, historical topics, and literary
Web of Knowledge
- Consolidated searching of citation search engines and multidisciplinary
listings of articles in 8,500 major scholarly journals. Limited full text
access. Clusters results in subject areas and document types.
- An online reference utility that hosts selected encyclopedias and other
Legal Information Reference Center (EBSCOhost)
- Provides online full text for many of the top consumer legal reference
books, hundreds of full-text publications and thousands of legal forms.
Oxford Reference Online - Premium
- Language and subject reference works from Oxford Press into single cross
- Offers access to selected reference encyclopedias, handbooks, and videos
with coverage mostly in the areas of social sciences and health care.
Other useful resources:
- Search for books, audio, video, and periodicals at the Dixie State
- A list of ebook databases available at Dixie.
- Manage your citations with a bibliographic utility.
Full-Text Periodicals List
- Find a specific journal or magazine.
- Borrow materials from other libraries.
- Search library catalogs in Utah and beyond.