Dixie State University
Library & Learning Services
Science & Mathematics Databases
Start with these databases:
- Extensive database of Elsevier journals in a wide range of subjects.
Excellent searching capabilities and full text access. An excellent resource
for authoritative information in many subject disciplines.
Web of Knowledge
- Consolidated searching of citation search engines and multidisciplinary
listings of articles in 8,500 major scholarly journals. Limited full text
access. Clusters results in subject areas and document types.
- Full text database that is an aggregation of high impact geoscience
research journals. The focus centers on the biological, environmental, and
- Offers access to a carefully maintained and easily searchable database of
reviews, abstracts and bibliographic information for much of the mathematical
sciences literature. Provides indexing and abstracts—a finding aid for
scholarship in this discipline.
Academic Search Ultimate (EBSCOhost)
- A scholarly, multi-disciplinary, database; with full text coverage of
10,021 journals in a range of subjects. This database is a good starting place
for almost any topic search.
- An agriculture database that provides coverage from 1970 to present of
literature citations for journal articles, monographs, proceedings, theses,
patents, translations, audiovisual materials, software, etc. related to
agriculture. This will be of particular interest for students researching
American Mathematical Society Journals (AMS)
- A searchable database that provides full text access to articles published
in the journals of the American Mathematical Society, as well as full text
access to articles that have been accepted for publication in the AMS journals.
- A collection of critical reviews written by leading scientists. Annual
Reviews volumes are published each year for 40 focused disciplines within the
Biomedical, Life, Physical, and Social Sciences including Economics.
ASME Digital Collection (The American Society of Mechanical Engineers)
- ASME’s repository of current and archival literature featuring ASME’s
Transaction Journals, Conference Proceedings, and ASME Press eBooks.
IEEE Xplore Digital Library
- Scientific and technical content published by the IEEE (Institute of
Electrical and Electronics Engineers) and its publishing partners.
- A scholarly journal archive that provides image and full text access to
archival (more than 5 years old) scholarly journals in a wide variety of
JSTOR Plant Science
- Provides access to foundational content vital to plant science—plant
type specimens, taxonomic structures, scientific literature, and related
- Provides full-text access to a selection of humanities and social sciences
Sage Journals Online
- General purpose database for scholarly articles.
- A research discovery application that provides integrated access to
references, substances and reactions in chemistry and related sciences.
SciFinder requires students to create an account to access it. Click
to register a new SciFinder account.
- Scopus is a large abstract and citation database of peer-reviewed
literature, including scientific journals, books, and conference proceedings.
Gale Virtual Reference Library
- An online reference utility that hosts selected encyclopedias and other
Oxford Reference Online - Premium
- Language and subject reference works from Oxford Press into single cross
- Offers access to selected reference encyclopedias, handbooks, and videos
with coverage mostly in the areas of social sciences and health care.
Science Reference Center (EBSCOhost)
- Provides full text for hundreds of science encyclopedias, reference books,
periodicals, and other sources. Topics covered in Science Reference Center
include biology, chemistry, earth and space science, environmental science,
health and medicine, life science, mathematics, physics, science and society,
science as inquiry, scientists, technology, and wildlife.
Other useful resources:
- Search for books, audio, video, and periodicals at the Dixie State
- A list of ebook databases available at Dixie.
- Manage your citations with a bibliographic utility.
Full-Text Periodicals List
- Find a specific journal or magazine.
- Borrow materials from other libraries.
- Search library catalogs in Utah and beyond.