Library Service Guidelines
← Return to the table of
Booking Rooms/Areas in the Library
- Booking Library Conference Room &
- The library can schedule the 234 computer classroom and the 357
conference room in the Holland Centennial Commons (HCC) for classes
and groups/departments on campus.
- To book the classroom or conference room, a request can be sent
by email or phone call to the Library & Learning Administrative
Specialist at 435-652-7710. Or, a request can be submitted via the
online EMS booking system. If it is less than 24 hours before the
booking, a request must be made directly to the Administrative
- To schedule any other classroom, event area, conference room,
or front lobby contact Central Scheduling or make the request
through the virtual
EMS booking system.
- Please see the separate Study Room guidelines for information
on study rooms.
- Bookings Outside Normal Library Hours
- The Holland Centennial Commons Committee has made the decision
to not allow events or bookings outside of normal library hours.
Appeals for exceptions must be made through the Sponsorship
Committee. Contact Central Scheduling to begin the process. If
approved, the responsible group must make arrangements with Campus
Security to provide security for the event at an hourly charge.
- HCC 234 Computer Classroom
- This classroom’s main use is for library instruction. Other
groups or classes may book this room up to 5 times per semester per
campus organization/group or class section.
- HCC 357 Conference Room
- This conference room is available for groups/departments on
campus to schedule. Classes cannot be held in this room. It is only
available between 8:00 AM–5:00 PM Monday–Friday.
- 1st and 2nd floor lobbies
- The Holland Centennial Commons Committee has approved usage for
the 1st and 2nd floor lobbies of the HCC building under the
- The only approved events in those spaces are tabling
events and exhibits.
- Departmental requests only.
- Only during regular library hours.
- Nothing is to be scheduled in those lobbies during the
first two weeks of school.
- If the organizer of an event wishes to move forward when not
in compliance with these guidelines, an appeal may be submitted to
the Sponsorship Committee. Please contact Central Scheduling to
book this space or to start an appeals process.
- Booking Space for Community Organizations /
Not Affiliated with DSU
- The Library is not allowed to schedule building space if a
group is not affiliated with DSU. Please contact Central Scheduling
Policy Owner: Dean, Library & Learning Services
Policy Steward: Library & Learning Services Administrative Specialist
Last update: August 29, 2019