Library Service Guidelines
← Return to the table of
Gifts & Donations
- Gifts & Donations
- All donations to the Library & Learning Services are
tax-deductible, and receipts are mailed out of the Development
Office. Donors must complete the Donor Information Form
for the donation to be accepted by the Library.
- The Library & Learning Services must get prior permission
from the Development Office if the donation amount or appraisal
amount is over $500. Donation contact: Library & Learning
Services Administrative Specialist, 435-652-7710.
- Monetary Donations
- Monetary donations can be accepted through the Development
Office. Donations are also
- If you would like to discuss your donation in detail with the
Dean of the Library & Learning Services please contact the
administrative office directly at 435-652-7710.
- Gift-in-Kind Donations
- As stated in the Collection Development guidelines, the library
encourages the donations of books, monographs and other materials
and will accept items that support the curricular and research
needs of the university. The library reserves the right to utilize
donated materials in whatever way best benefits the collections and
services. The library selectively adds gifts/donations to its
collection based on its collection development policy.
- By direction of the IRS, the library cannot legally appraise
gifts/donations for tax or inheritance purposes nor offer to pay
for them when private persons tender them.
- Donated materials no added are returned to donor, if requested.
Donors are responsible for retrieving materials not added if they
have made the request to have them returned. Materials not added
may also be disposed of by sale (with proceeds to benefit the
library), gift, trade, recycled, or donated to other libraries or
- Generally, the library does not arrange for pick up of
materials that are being donated.
- The donor will sign the Donor Information Form in
order for the Library to accept the donation. If a tax-deductible
receipt is desired, the Gift-In-Kind Donation Form
will be sent to the Institutional Development office.
- Please see the Collection Development guidelines for additional
Policy Owner: Dean, Library & Learning Services
Last update: September 6, 2019